My New House - Home in Winter Park, FL



December 2017 I closed on my current home in Winter Park, FL. Like my Altamonte Springs Condo I bought this house in a great location next to must more expensive real-estate. The area I live in Winter Park is 4 houses and a residential street away from million dollar homes.



The house is a 4/2, 1,737 sf, mid-century modern style. It appeals to many different parties including young families since the schools are some of the best in the area. I bought the house for $285,000 with $5,000 in closing concessions. 




As you can see the interior has much to be desired. But what I liked was the opening of the kitchen didn't seem to be a large structural renovation (it's just beyond that small bump out in the picture above), there were high ceilings in the living/dining room that would eventually be the main entertaining place in the house, most of the house had original hardwood, and all the renovations I was planning would be under roof. 




My renovation would consist of opening up the kitchen to the dining room for a more functional floor plan, expanding the tiny Master Bathroom, enclosing the laundry room so it felt like part of the house, and overall adding small updates (trim, hardware, paint, flooring) to make the house feel more current. 




I'll do more posts breaking down all the renovations I did, what went wrong, and their costs. But enjoy all the before photos from the listing! :) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Downsizing to a Duplex - Budget Bathroom Renovation

DIY How To: Paint Your Kitchen Cabinets Pt. 1 Prep

5 Question to Ask Before Renovating